The following documents are required when opening a SmartCard account for an individual:
- Your Namibian Identity Document, or
- Drivers licence together with the Namibian Birth Certificate, or
- Passport (if the customer is a foreigner).
The following document are required when opening a SmartCard account for a minor:
- The full birth certificate of the minor, and
- Parent’s Namibian Identity Document, or
- Legal guardian’s Namibian Identity Document and Letter from the Magistrate’s courts of Namibia appointing the person as a Legal guardian
The following information is required when opening a SmartCard for a Business:
- The Namibian Identity Documents of all Members, Directors, etc.
- The Namibian Identity Documents of all Authorised Signatories, if they are not members, directors, etc.
- The registration documents of the business, with the Ministry of Industrialization, Trade and SME Development stamp, or a receipt from the Ministry.
- Other entities need to provide a resolution letter.