What do I need to apply?
The following documents are required when opening a SmartCard account for an individual:
- Your Namibian Identity Document, or
- Drivers licence together with the Namibian Birth Certificate, or
- Namibian Voters Registration card together with the Namibian Birth Certificate, or
- Passport (if the customer is a foreigner).
The following document are required when opening a SmartCard account for a minor:
- The full birth certificate of the minor, and
- Parent’s Namibian Identity Document, or
- Legal guardian’s Namibian Identity Document and Letter from the Magistrate’s courts of Namibia appointing the person as a Legal guardian
The following information is required when opening a SmartCard for a Business:
- The Namibian Identity Documents of all Members, Directors, etc.
- The Namibian Identity Documents of all Authorised Signatories, if they are not members, directors, etc.
- The registration documents of the business, with the Ministry of Industrialization, Trade and SME Development stamp, or a receipt from the Ministry.
- Other entities need to provide a resolution letter.
Where can you find us to transact?
Point of Sales
Click here to download the Terms and Conditions for SmartCards
What are the benefits?
- Easy withdrawal of funds
- You can use your SmartCard to pay for any service or product available at any Post Office, such as airtime, TV license and electricity.
- Transactions can be made at any Merchant store with the “NamPost SmartCard Accepted Here” sign.
- You will also be able to transfer money from one card to another, pay any accounts at any bank. All at very low rates.
- The SmartCard is simply the best way for you to carry money with you in and around Namibia.
- The process only takes a few minutes for you to get your card and be ready to enjoy the benefits that come with the SmartCard.